Chennai: Several top stars of the Tamil film industry including Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and Sathyaraj have wished a speedy recovery to actor Captain Vijayakanth, who underwent surgery on Tuesday.

Actor Rajinikanth tweeted his best wishes in Tamil, saying, “I pray to the almighty that my dear friend Vijayakanth get well soon and return to work as before.

Actor Sathyaraj, who released a video, said, “I extend my heartfelt wishes to my dear friend Viji, who is fondly called Captain by all, that he may recover fully and speedily and return home soon.

Actor Kamal Haasan tweeted his best wishes for Vijayakanth in Tamil. “I wish that my dear friend Vijayakanth, who is undergoing treatment at a hospital, gets well soon,” he said.

One of the popular actors and well-known politicians of Tamil cinema, Vijayakanth is said to have recovered at a private hospital where he underwent a surgery on Monday.

A statement issued by Vijayakanth’s political party, Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK), said that as per the advice of doctors, the actor’s toes are not getting blood flow due to diabetes.

Disclaimer: This is a news published directly from IANS News Feed. With this, the News Nation team has not done any editing of any kind. In such a situation, any responsibility regarding the related news will be of the news agency itself.